Monday, June 2, 2008

Mexican Casserole

Here's another food post, since food is the most exciting thing going on in my life right now.
Yesterday for lunch was Easy Mexican Casserole from AllRecipes.com. Sadly I have no pictures so the image to the left was taken from here as an example. This recipe was so straight forward that Tyler and I put it together in about half an hour. We left out the fresh tomatoes and used enchilada sauce to make up for the lack of tomato flavor. I also went lighter on the cheese since it's impossible to spread a thin layer of sour cream on anything, let alone ground beef and beans. The whole thing baked up nicely, but when we scooped it out of the pan it crumbled and didn't hold any shape. It wasn't pretty, but it was tasty, and even better next day. I think I'd try to go a lot lighter on the sour cream, and maybe add some fresh chili's to up the flavor and heat. The fresh tomatoes would be good too. And a larger can of olives. I don't know anything about good Mexican or Tex-Mex, but this was delicious and I think we'll make it again. If there are any suggestions for more authentic Mexican casserole I'd love to hear them too.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never really cooked Tex-Mex at home because, well, I live here. But when I move, I'm going to have to learn. I can send along the best of whatever recipes I try, if you like.

June 4, 2008 at 4:28 PM  
Blogger Aimee said...

Please do Hiromi! I need someone who knows what good Tex-Mex tastes like to help me out.

June 6, 2008 at 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home