Thursday, May 15, 2008

There's Nothing Wrong with Milk Chocolate

I just finished off a pretty good, considering what I paid for it, milk chocolate bar. I'm a bit of a pig, and really love chocolate in all shapes and forms, but this makes me think of all the people I know who wont go near the milky stuff. These are normal liberal people, but when I tell them I like milk chocolate they gasp in horror and start to think I'm either an idiot or missing taste buds. Being thought of as less of a person just because I have different preferences in foods is offensive, and I in turn think these people are idiots because they're so quick to judge a person based on taste in chocolate (or anything else for that matter).

I could go on about intolerance and why I think it's immature, but that's for another post. Instead I'm going to enjoy the lingering taste of smooth, not too sweet, milk chocolate. Yumm.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gah. I call that Pointless Food Snobbery. People who are doctrinaire about food like that completely miss the point: food is about *enjoyment*, not about living up to some kind of arbitrary snotty standard.

I used to pointlessly condemn Wonder Bread-type breads (they're the best for grilled cheese, period) and ketchup, among other things, but I'm over it.

However, I will never understand people who defile green tea with sugar!

May 23, 2008 at 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home