Thursday, July 10, 2008

Going Back to School

I started taking a teaching English as a second (TESL) class last month, and getting back into the groove of school is harder then I thought it would be. This of course is me forgetting that I never was in the groove of school, and there was something I always hated about it and could never get over. Yeah, me and school don't have the best relationship. The class so far has been fantastic mostly because the teacher is amazing. I've also started to realize why in language classes they do the things they do. I spend 60% of my time in class sitting there thinking "Ooohhhh, that's why they did that!" It's a good feeling to know why things happened, but I wish I was taking a language class now so I could examine everything the teacher does. That could end badly though, as I would probably start correcting them, or try to steer them towards more modern ways of teaching.

Right now I'm taking this class to keep up on staying educated. I don't have any serious plans of jumping ship, but once I've got my certificate, we'll see. I'd like to travel, and I'm hoping that being TESL certified will open up some doors for me. Thinking in the long term I'd like to go to Japan, Korea, Europe (not that they need much help with English), possibly Dubai, and part of Africa. All this is way out in the future, but it's fun to fantasize.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home