Saturday, June 7, 2008

Kinako Pancakes



I made these kinako pancakes today, but alter the recipe a little bit since I didn't have yogurt or buttermilk. I used a cup of milk, and they ended up a little dry. I've made them before following the recipe exactly, and they are much moister and fluffier, it's worth the yogurt. I do highly recommend these. Kinako is probably foreign to most people, but it's not a scary food. I'd compare the flavor to a nut butter and it smells a little sweet. Anyway, it's good and you shouldn't be scared.

Also the last pancake was a monster.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am totally going to make those pancakes. I made some mochi several months ago and coated them in kinako, and I have a leftover bag of the stuff, and that sounds like a perfect way to use up the leftovers.

And I love the pancake monster!

June 12, 2008 at 3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home