Thursday, July 3, 2008

Men are gross.

I was stared at for a good 30 seconds by two Hispanic guys in a stopped car while I was standing at the bus stop. It was completely disgusting, and before someone pulls the raciest card, I'm just as grossed out when white or black or asian guys do it as well. The whole thing has worked me up into some kind of feminist rage. Yuck. I wish I could get the looks on their sweaty tan faces out of my head.

Oh and btw, if anyone is thinking that I was "asking for it", first of all you're a dumb ass to think that there is any time it's ok to objectify a woman, and second I was standing at a bus stop, wearing jean, a t-shirt, and a frumpy brown sweater. I don't wear clown makeup, and wear my hair in small pigtails to keep it off my neck. OMG so sexy, let's all treat Aimee like a piece of meat.

I wish I could be more articulate about this, but basically men suck and I hate you all. Now I'm going to go feel gross and scrub my skin off.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've put up with the same crap time and again over the years, and still can't think of a good response to that kind of aggressiveness.

Some people might suggest retaliation in some way, from a level stare back at them to cursing or whatnot, but I'm always afraid of men's superior physical strength. Once, when stopped on my motorcycle at a stoplight, a guy in a pickup truck in the left turn lane next to me kept leaning over and saying things like, "Hey baby, how about my dick in your ass." All I could do was ignore it. I mean, I didn't want him chasing me in his truck on top of everything else.

I guess I hope that someday, as a society, that kind of behavior will be frowned upon so severely that it will become vanishingly rare. That day may yet come.

July 8, 2008 at 7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its funny cuz in everything i read, marilyn monroe got off on behavior like that and it basically made her who she was. I just think thats interesting since she indisputably owned her sexuality, but then how come we always feel grossed out? My favorite is the man in the caddy driving thru campus who pulls up to me right after i have woken up and am stumbling blindly through the snow towards the cafeteria. He rolls down the window and says, "you ready to go baby?" i gurgle at him and proceed to move around the vehicle. the man seems undisturbed.

July 20, 2008 at 12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home