Thursday, July 17, 2008

Drawing at Work



I doodle in photoshop when things are waiting to be printed. I'm thinking about starting a comic project and this is an idea for a fawn type character.

edit: It was mentioned by a couple of my coworkers (and pretty much everyone I know) that what I draw looks a lot like me. I've accepted this, and it might even be to my benefit as a lot of my "fine art" is autobiographical. There is one little thing that's bugging me, and it relates to something i heard on NPR. People are really bad at identifying other people of different races. The radio show was talking about the wrongful conviction of black men that were mostly identified by white people. So today I'm starting to think that yes my art does vaguely resemble me, but maybe the white people I'm surrounded with see a stronger similarity because they don't know how to look at Asian people. It's a bit far fetched, but white privilege is knowing that your art actually looks like you. Yeah, probably more then a bit...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home