Sunday, March 2, 2008

Life update? I think so.

Tyler and I have been spending way too much time at University Village recently. For those of you outside of Seattle, this is an expensive and bloated version of a strip mall. I think the only reason we end up there is because it's close to where Tyler's parents live, and he thinks of it when it comes to shopping. Personally I'm more of a downtown person, but downtown doesn't have free parking. Anyway, I need to stop going there.

Last weekend I went downhill skiing for the first time. Tyler had been threatening to take me since we started dating, and now that I'm finally comfortable being semi athletic (we also live in the same city) things have come to fruit. I didn't really know what to expect, but any time I think of mountains, snow, and falling down, cold and wet is my first assumption. It really wasn't that cold for being in the mountains, and I had lots of water proof cloths so it wasn't wet either. :D I started on a really gentle hill covered with 3 year olds learning to ski, and much to my pleasure, it was really easy. I wasn't carving or anything, but I learned to control my speed and turn. The rope toe was closed, and hiking back up the hill with skis gave me more of a work out then skiing. After lunch we took the chair lift up an intermediate hill, which wasn't that great for a few reasons. First, I hate the chair lift, almost enough to try and hike up the hill next time. Just because you can stand to slide down hill, at say 12 degrees, does not mean you're ready for 45+ degrees. That mountain was way too steep and it completely freaked me out. I was pretty much paralyzed till I realized there was no other way down. Then came the slow decent of screaming, Tyler snow plowing backwards, and falling down. We made it down, and I now understand trust exercises better, for pretty much the entire hill, Tyler skied backwards while holding ski poles in front of him, I held the poles too and tried to follow him. Thinking about it I'm quite impressed that he was able to do that. We're going again next weekend, and I'm hoping something stuck and I'll be able to ski a little better.

I've almost completely transitioned to my new job, and I'm really enjoying it. Most of what I'm learning is color correction, and I think is working the left side of my brain which hasn't been getting much use lately. I'm much happier with this job.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home