Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Knitting Stuff

Here are some random knitting bits for you.

Hemlock Ring Blanket!
Hemlock Ring
Status: Done! Knit in two weeks at the beginning of February.
Yarn/needle size: Cascade Eco Wool/US 10.5
Comments: Love, love, love this blanket, but I'm a little concerned with how ripply it still is after blocking. I'm giving it to my cousin and her fiance for their wedding, and they're not knitters so just telling them to block it doesn't really work. Oh well, I have till May to figure it out. As for the pattern, it's ok. I'm not in love with the mishmash of vintage book, and Brooklyn Tweed chart and randomness. It went together easy enough though, and I would not call this hard.

Jaywalker Socks! (On Ravelry)
Jaywalker Socks
Status: Done! Started in early January and Knit through part of February.
Yarn/needle size: Regia Crazy Colors 4ply/US size 1 dpns
Comments: My first real socks. I don't have much to say other then they feel great and I need to knit more socks.

Swatch (from This pattern)
Swatch!
Status: Ummm, It's a swatch. It's done I guess.
Yarn/needle size: Hand spun from Crown Mountain Farms/US size 5
Comments: I knit this as a swatch for a shawl that I wanted to give to a woman in Japan. Unfortunately when I actually starting knitting the full sized piece it turned out super stripey and I hated it. I ripped the whole thing out and started it over as a Clapotis. I really like the way the swatch looks though, so I'm saving it. Here's how the shawl was starting to look but I didn't take any pictures of the stripey horror.

Boyfriend Socks for the Boyfriend
Boyfriend Socks
I'm going to try to finish these before I leave for Japan.

That's all the recent stuff. Whoo!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home