Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2009

I've been putting off the New Year post since New Year's day, now I realized that if I don't just f-ing post something, it will never get done and then it will be far to late to proclaim resolutions... or whatever.

First, a look back. My resolution last year was to get my transdermal implants out, and boy do I wish I had gone through with it. I don't know if it's my lifestyle or diet or astrological sign, but this last year has been transdermal hell. TMI warning! They have been been bloodier, crustier, and more swollen then any other time since I had them put in. I wake up with goo stuck to my chest, and when I gently remove it the damn things bleed. I have to sleep in a sports bra otherwise the irritation gets so bad that they hurt all the time, and swell up, and bleed more, and crust more, and look like crap. I can endure the blood, crust, and pain, but the looking like crap is getting to me. I like to wear low-ish cut shirts but this last year I've had to retool my wardrobe, because I didn't want people commenting on the bloody metal sticking out of my cleavage. It's frustrating because I want them to be there but I also want them to be maintenance free. I'm under the impression that this type of body modification isn't common, and I like being a rarity. I've decided to suck it up and have them taken out on my terms, because otherwise I'm afraid they're going to have to come out on not friendly terms.

Enough about (what I didn't do) last year. This year is setting up to be fantastic (if you ignore the general state of the economy). Here are my resolutions: 1) Work my butt off till my trip to Japan in April, so I'll have maximum funds. 2) Attend my closest knitting group (Purly Girls) at least twice a month (everyone is so nice, I think I'll be there every Monday I can). 3) Finish this ESL certificate and decide if I want to go to grad school for ESL or Adult Education or Linguistics. If school isn't in my future figure out if I actually want to be a teacher. 4) More friend time. 5) Knitting/Spinning/etc. 6) Get back up to an acceptable level of fitness.

and seven is the big one: 7) Get a drivers license, swallow my pride about the environment, acquire a car, and have at least 2 more hours of free time a day.

All in 2009, I think it's doable and I'm excited.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think that these are all good things to think about in 2009. especially the driving bit!

January 8, 2009 at 11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home