Monday, November 3, 2008

Sick Day

I woke up this morning and thought I was going to puke, but after sitting on the edge of the tub for a while nothing happened. I called in sick to work and crawled back into bed, and slept on and off and ate some super bland food. At about one I was feeling good enough to get out of bed, and it was all up hill from their.

Around three, I went to the store got white yarn, and some Kool-Aid. Yes folks, I did it, I dyed yarn with unsweetened drink mix! I rolled off a couple oz and did one red and one purple. The wool dyed a little uneven but I think that's because i didn't soak it long enough. anyway, when it's dry I'm hoping to make more felt bowls (OMG Colors!).

I also have another oz soaking in the turmeric, which I'm hoping will produce a bright sunny yellow/orange. Turmeric is less colorfast, and my fingers are crossed that it wont turn everything it touches bright yellow. That has to soak overnight so maybe tomorrows post will be about the dangers of natural dyes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home